Bored With Your Breakfast Eggs? Here’s a Versatile Recipe.

0
170

Ever run out of breakfast ideas? Do you sometimes feel eggs can be boring? Do you think scrambled eggs are bland? Think a good tasting breakfast is too much hassle? Here are some simple food ideas where you don’t have to worry about the scale. I am not a nutritionist and these recipes are simply what I myself have for breakfast. I don’t measure my ingredients, as I cook by taste but I will try my best to give you a fair idea of how much or little I use.

I love to eat clean but I also love food with flavour. Who likes plain, bland, tasteless food? I have lost 15 Kgs over the last few years. It has been a slow and steady process, but I have been able to keep it off and have incorporated good food into a lifestyle change. I am a huge foodie and love experimenting with herbs and multiple ingredients to give my meals that extra zing. Eating the same thing every day gets pretty boring in my eyes, so I always need to switch things up for variety.

I do however love eggs and have experimented with different ways of making scrambled eggs. I don’t follow a specific diet or calorie intake, I simply choose to eat healthier options 80% of the time. The other 20% I l actually eat whatever I want! It’s a great balance and I don’t feel restricted whatsoever.

As I am an Australian raised Filipina with a Spanish and Chinese background, I have been exposed to a variety of flavours when it comes to food. Below I have shared different ways I make my scrambled eggs.  I basically use the same main ingredients and then add a couple of extra ingredients to give it a completely different flavour each time. This way I never get bored with my food.  Give it a try!

A Special Scrambled Egg Recipe

11257036_917755014933973_1858258683_n

The Main Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs per person (If you want a larger meal, I will only use egg whites for the extra eggs.)
  • Spinach, tomato, mushrooms, shallots, capsicum, any kind of vegetable I feel will work. Sometimes I add peas and corn.

The Method:

  1. Sauté the vegetables using a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of garlic. Sprinkle Mixed herbs (not too much, just a pinch)
  2. Beat the eggs and add a pinch of smoked paprika in the egg mixture. (feel free to add Himalayan salt for extra taste)
  3. Add the beaten eggs to the vegetables and sprinkle on some cracked pepper to taste.

Now for some interesting variations –

Mexican twist: add a couple of tablespoons of re-fried beans and sprinkle a pinch of turmeric.

Asian twist: add a teaspoon of soy sauce to the vegetables before you add the eggs to the pan.

Aussie twist: Sauté chopped bacon with vegetables. This can go well with spinach, mushrooms and sun dried tomato. Sprinkle with a hint of pink Himalayan salt to taste. Sometimes I might add some feta or parmesan cheese depending on my mood.

Seafood twist: Add chopped smoked salmon at the very end to avoid overcooking it. Sometimes I add fresh smoked Salmon on the side as you can see in the above picture..

It’s amazing what these different ingredients can do, to change the flavour. It really does feel like you are eating completely different meals. It’s quick and simple and keeps me always wanting my protein! I also alternate between serving the eggs on rye bread, brown rice/quinoa or on it’s own when I want to cut back on carbs. I hope you enjoyed these ideas!  Play around with your eggs and see what you come up with.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY